10 Best InstaText Alternatives and Competitors
The rise in popularity of AI-powered content writers has seen many people adapt to their use, for writing articles, blogs, and marketing materials. Other people still prefer to use human-written content, especially since some sites such as Google are able to detect AI-written material, with subsequent downgrades in page rankings.
Complementary to this has been the development of AI editing tools that analyze the written content for errors in spelling and grammar, and make suggestions for sentence restructure, synonyms, and rephrasing to improve the quality of the writing and enhance the readability and clarity.
One of the most commonly used AI writing assistants is InstaText, a proofreading/editing tool that can boost your writing quality while retaining the original meaning of the text, and there is a wide range of other AI tools that do the same. To help sort through the plethora of AI writing assistants we have put together a list of the top 10 InstaText alternatives that should be considered when you are looking for an AI content editor.
Quick List of the 10 InstaText Alternatives
- HIX.AI: Best for refining and boosting content quality
- ProWritingAid: Best editing tool for creative writers, bloggers, and students
- CopyAI: The best content improver and rewriter for copywriters
- Writesonic: Best SEO-friendly content creator and rewriter
- QuillBot: Best for ensuring fresh, readable, error-free content
- Linguix: Best for refining and improving team communication
- Rytr: Best all-in-one writing assistant
- Grammarly: Best for mistake-free writing and clear communication
- Ginger: Best for fully customizable content improvements
- Wordtune: Best AI writing co-pilot for improved self-expression
1. HIX.AI: Best for refining and boosting content quality
The HIX Editor automates the proofreading and content refining process and is an excellent alternative to Instatext, with not only a powerful text editor but also more than 120 writing tools to assist in every step of the content creation process.
Featured on Toolify, HIX.AI provides smart AI suggestions as you work, to improve the text, fix any errors, and improve the language and flow. It can help to turn a short sentence into a longer one and expand one sentence into a paragraph generating new content from what you have already written that fits perfectly with the context and meaning.
The HIX editor tool can also customize your writing by rewriting the content with up to 12 different tones and styles for different audiences, and the text can even be translated into over 30 languages with one click.
For better cross-platform writing assistance, the HIX.AI Chrome extension brings the editing tool into Google Docs, enabling you to compose and edit at the same time.
To use the HIX editor, just highlight any piece of text as you write, or type // to activate the writing assistant and this will bring up a menu of useful writing tools. Just choose the most relevant tool and it will provide suggestions, highlight possible changes for improvement, and suggest relevant content.
HIX.AI also has a chatbot to provide real-time responses to your writing queries and to help with inspirational ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Free version with a 3000-word limit
- Extensive editing and rewriting tools
- Supported in over 30 languages
- Natural-sounding and accurate text
- Is not good for generating content from scratch
2. ProWritingAid: Best editing tool for creative writers, bloggers, and students
Professional writers will certainly appreciate this alternative to Instatext. ProWritingAid is a writing coach and online writing editor that can identify contextual errors, plagiarized content, and grammar and spelling mistakes.
When proofreading your content, ProWritingAid recommends thousands of improvements, checking sentence length, repetitiveness, and vague wording. It also makes suggestions in cases of over-complicated sentences, and passive voice usage, and provides a contextual thesaurus and word explorer for synonyms and replacement phrases so that your ideas can be expressed more clearly and your vocabulary expanded, giving users an opportunity to learn as well as to improve.
ProWritingAids main features check for errors in spelling, grammar, context, and punctuation, and can integrate with MS Word, Google Docs, Scrivener, and other formats through a handy Chrome extension.
- Free trial with a 500-word limit
- Suggests improvements in sentence structure
- Extensive library of synonyms and alternate phrases
- Plagiarism checker not included, charged as extra
3. CopyAI: The best content improver and rewriter for copywriters
CopyAI is principally a content-creating tool for copywriters, but also has a number of features that can improve your writing and optimize your content, as a direct alternative to Instatext.
CopyAI’s sentence rewriter and paragraph rewriter can produce different versions of your own text, error-free and with improved grammar and vocabulary. Each version is completely unique and free of plagiarism, and still with your original meaning and context.
For longer paragraphs, the CopyAI paraphrasing tool can rephrase large amounts of text with useful synonyms and restructured sentences, providing high-quality content from your text.
There are also tools for generating ideas for blogs or online articles, to help you when you are stuck in the middle of writing and need help to overcome writer’s block.
Primarily aimed at producing good ad copy, CopyAI is a useful AI writing assistant for all creative writers including students, bloggers, and freelance writers online.
- Simple, easy-to-use interface
- Ideal for generating and improving ad copy
- Rephrase and rewrite long and short-form content
- Content needs human fact-checking
- Long-form content can be slow to produce
4. Writesonic: Best SEO-friendly content creator and rewriter
Writesonic is a powerful AI content generator and rewriter that can compete with Instatext in terms of producing high-quality content from your original text.
One of Writesonic’s key features is the capability to make our content as SEO-friendly as possible by rewriting sentences with more keywords. Writesonic can recommend synonyms and phrases as alternatives in your writing, and suggest keywords that are more relevant to the subject of your article so that Google can more easily index your content.
Writesonic’s online paraphrasing tool can freshen up your content to make it unique and relevant, which will help your site rank higher in search engine results and will help you get more visitors to your website.
Overall, Writesonic is a time-saving tool that provides concise feedback and suggestions, to help improve your writing skills and generate fresh and unique articles with ease.
- Free trial offer after signing up for a paid plan
- Focus on SEO optimization
- Over 50 advanced writing tools
- Text editing feature difficult to navigate
- No built-in plagiarism checker
5. QuillBot: Best for ensuring fresh, readable, error-free content
AI writing assistants are constantly developing, and Quillbot is a classic example of a writing platform that can help you write faster and better. With similar features to Instatext, it can improve your writing skills through its three main tools.
Quillbot’s grammar checker tool analyzes your content for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors and provides suggestions to fix them. It also makes sure that words are used in their correct context and meaning, enhancing readability and accuracy.
The paraphrasing tool provides a fresh look at your text and offers different ways of writing the same content. This tool can help overcome writer’s block and help you to articulate your ideas more fluently.
The Quillbot summarizing tool can speed up your research by condensing long articles and academic papers into key points, or bullet points as required. By analyzing content to find the main points Quillbot helps with reading comprehension and enables you to write a plagiarism-free manual recap of the text.
- In-built thesaurus and dictionary
- Free version with a 150-word limit at one time
- Translates in over 30 languages
- No AI content detection
- A manual editing check required
6. Linguix: Best for refining and improving team communication
Linguix is a team-oriented tool designed to enhance messages and communications for businesses and has some unique editing features that make it a strong competitor for Instatext.
The Linguix writer check feature can refine your writing style by suggesting alternate phrasing and offering insights into your own writing style, helping you to craft compelling content and enabling you to become a more confident writer.
The sentence-checking feature analyzes the structure of your sentences to identify run-on sentences, fragments, and issues that could confuse readers, ensuring that your text is clear and easy to understand. It also advises on the correct use of colons, semi-colons, and other punctuation.
Linguix also features a unique multilingual grammar and spell checker, supported in 6 languages. Simply type or copy/paste your content in your preferred language and Linguix will detect the language and provide suggestions to improve the content.
- Free version with basic grammar and spelling checks
- Translation and checking in 6 different languages
- The dictionary and thesaurus are customizable
- Does not always spot mistakes in style and tone
- No plagiarism checker
7. Rytr: Best all-in-one writing assistant
Rytr is an AI-powered content writing assistant that can create original content and also improve the existing text, making it an all-in-one AI writing platform, compared to Instatext which only functions as a content improver.
Firstly, Rytr can generate any type of content such as blog posts, product descriptions, ad copy, and social media posts. It can then customize the content, changing the tone and style according to the planned audience.
Rytr includes a grammar checker to make sure the grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct, and also a plagiarism checker to ensure the final version is unique and original.
Also, the writing assistant can analyze your content and search for more appropriate keywords and key phrases to enhance SEO. If you are stuck for the right words it can finish off a sentence or paragraph for you with relevant text, and expand or shorten the content as needed.
Rytr has an excellent free version with 10,000 characters per month and most of the features offered in the paid plans.
- Generous free version
- Enhances SEO with keyword search
- Fully customizable
- Not suitable for long-form content
- The user interface can be confusing for beginners
8. Grammarly: Best for mistake-free writing and clear communication
Grammarly is an online writing assistant that has been around since 2011, it is one of the oldest and best-known grammar-checking tools on the market and is a direct competitor to Instatext.
Grammarly reviews all types of content and checks spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, engagement, and other mistakes in English text while suggesting corrections and replacements for the identified errors. It has an inbuilt plagiarism detector and allows users to customize the style, tone, and language of the written content.
When you use Grammarly it analyzes your sentences as you write and underlines words and phrases in color where improvements can be made. You can then accept Grammarly’s suggestion, or expand the suggestion to learn more about it.
Grammarly’s advanced spelling checker can not only detect misspellings, but it also highlight commonly confused words such as “affect” and “effect.” It can also fix complex issues like sentence fragments, comma splices, and subject-verb disagreement.
Grammarly helps to streamline wordy phrases and rewrite sentences, suggesting word choice improvements and tone adjustments to ensure you come across the way you intend.
- Good for solving complex grammatical issues
- Provides customizable style and tone suggestions
- Free version for grammar, spelling, and punctuation checking
- Not integrated with Google Docs
- The free version contains a lot of ads
9. Ginger: Best for fully customizable content improvements
When you need to find the perfect text to communicate your ideas, Ginger can provide the tone, style, and language to help. Compared with Instatext, Ginger is more than a grammar checker, spelling, and punctuation checker, it’s an all-in-one writing assistant to help you write your best.
You just type or copy/paste your text and Ginger can rephrase it to improve readability. It can shorten or lengthen the sentences and make the tone more formal, casual, or creative.
When you are trying to refine your ideas you can click on any individual word or phrase and Ginger will provide a list of synonyms and alternate phrases you can use.
If you are freshening up your original content, Ginger can help you avoid plagiarism and repetition by completely rewording your content to produce new and unique text.
Ginger also has a convenient Chrome extension to help avoid mistakes as you post on social media sites such as Facebook and Linkedin, with an online checker that automatically detects errors and suggests improvements.
- The free version allows grammar and spelling with limited features
- Paid plans are very affordable starting from $4.99 a month
- Checks blocks of text or individual words
- Not available offline, cloud-based only
- Error checking can be time-consuming, one mouse click at a time
10. Wordtune: Best AI writing co-pilot for improved self-expression
Wordtune is an AI writing co-pilot that can highlight and fix grammatical errors, understand context and meaning, suggest paraphrases or alternative writing tones, and generate additional text based on context.
With a deep comprehension of context and semantics, Wordtune goes further than Instatext in understanding what you are trying to communicate in your writing and suggests ways to make the content clearer and more authentic.
Whether you are writing articles, blogs, instant messages, or personal emails, Wordtune can analyze your writing and suggest ways you can express yourself better.
Wordtune’s rewriting feature suggests alternate ways to phrase your content and can be used for the whole text, a sentence, or just a single word. This rewriting feature can also be written and translated at the same time, so you can write text in a different language and get rephrasing suggestions in English, which is useful for non-English speakers or translators.
- The free version offers 10 rewrites per day (unlimited with the premium plan)
- Multilingual writing and checking
- Automatically corrects text and adds suggestions
- The user interface can be difficult to navigate
- Uses machine learning so can be slow to match the writer’s style
While Instatext is a good AI writing assistant for checking grammar, spelling, and punctuation, there are plenty of alternatives that do the same and much more. Some combine the checking features with rewriting and paraphrasing, and some can even write original content from scratch which is then checked and customized to the writer’s preference.
Most of the AI tools offer a limited free plan or a free trial period, so the best course of action is to try as many of the top 10 listed in this article as you want, to see which one best suits your needs.